- Confuse defenses by using unbalanced formations
- Get your best blockers in a position to attack the defense
- Gain an advantage with one extra blocker at the point of attack
with Brent Key,
University of Alabama Assistant Coach/Offensive Line Offensive Line (Guards and Centers);
formerUniversity of Central Florida Offensive Coordinator,
Back-to-Back American Conference Champions (2013-14), 2010 Conference USA Champions
Brent Key gives a detailed presentation on the "Wild Knight" Wildcat offensive package that helped the 2010 UCF Knights win 11 games and capture the Conference USA Championship.
UCF's Wildcat package will provide your team with a framework to:
- Get the ball in the hands of your playmakers.
- Gain an advantage by having an extra blocker.
- Develop your QB run game off of other base plays in your offense.
- Force opponents to spend valuable practice time preparing to defend an irregular offensive package that is relatively easy to install.
Coach Key shows the base formation in their Wildcat series and describes the desired player attributes for each position. He uses diagrams and game footage to explain the coaching points for all the plays in the package including:
- Jet Sweep
- Inside Zone
- Play-Action Passes
- Gadget Plays
Key explains how the Jet Sweep is used to set up all of the other plays in the series. Key uses game footage to explain how his Wild Knight offense attacks a variety of defensive looks and how they use the complimentary plays in the package to provide answers to the different defensive responses.
In addition, Key demonstrates how to execute the passing game and gadget plays out of the Wildcat.
This video offers a unique and easy to install series that can be used to enhance any style of offense. The Wild Knight package will help your team keep defenses off balance while using a low-risk approach to getting the football in the hands of your best athletes.
53 minutes. 2011.Football Videos