- Save practice time with this unique all-in-one strength, conditioning and skill workout
- Improve your team's strength, flexibility, tumbling, jumps and more
- Improve the quality of your routines, create confident athletes and get fit
with Jen Uselton,
UCA Cheer Instructor for 17 years, 6x UCA Head Instructor of the Year,
former American Association of Cheerleading Coaches & Administrators Coaches (AACCA) Education Coordinator
Veteran cheer coach Jennifer Uselton presents an instructional video that will help cheer squads learn new conditioning skills or improve existing ones.
Utilizing all four corners of a practice mat, Uselton takes viewers step-by-step through a unique system of skill-specific activities, synchronization drills, transitions and other strategies for developing strength and flexibility. She also shares a number of straightforward coaching tips designed to maximize the effectiveness of various exercises.
Here are just a few of the techniques Uselton shares as she walks viewers through her one-of-a-kind, four-corner program:
- Corner 1 - In the toe-touch corner, Uselton works the lower half of the body using 30-second jump-training drills to increase flexibility, height and strength.
- Corner 2 - Tumbling is the focus of this corner. Uselton offers skill- and confidence-building drills for inexperienced tumblers along with strategies for synchronizing tumbling routines.
- Corner 3 - The drills presented in the "Lemon Squeezer" corner are designed to build overall endurance and develop stronger breathing techniques that will help squad members yell louder.
- Corner 4 - Drawing on techniques presented earlier in the video, the dance/motion corner introduces a higher level of synchronization for stunting, tumbling and dance routines.
Whether you're building a new squador working with a team of experienced athletes, Uselton's unique conditioning program will help you maximize workouts, develop more confident athletes and enhance the quality of cheer routines.
This detailed, easy-to-follow video is packed with drills and tips presented by one of the nation's leading cheer coaches is a must-have for all cheer squads.
27 minutes. 2011.Cheerleading & Dance Team Videos