- Create conflicts for defenders with run-stop assignments
- Know what to look for when making pre-snap reads
- Adjust your patterns to beat the coverage
with Lew Johnston,
former Western Branch HS (VA) Head Coach,
5x District Champions, 4x District "Coach of the Year"
Overaggressive secondary support and plugging linebackers can make it difficult to move the ball on the ground. The Delware Wing-T passing game is designed to hit those areas covered by defenders whose immediate assignments must be to control the ground game.
This DVD gives you a detailed play diagramming session reinforced with extensive game footage on the Delaware Wing-T passing game. The disc is divided into three categories:
- Keep pass and sprint out - This play action scheme will be your run/pass option. The blocking scheme looks the same as the run play, providing a bit of deception. This is an excellent scheme to get your best running back out in the flat, making it a long hand-off. Included are "called" patterns to take advantage of defensive mismatches.
- Waggle and boot-leg - Waggle passes are thrown from the 20 series, specifically from the Buck sweep fake. The patterns run deep outside, in the flat, crossing and a deep post.
- Drop back passing - Give the defense yet another look in a more traditional drop back pass. Based on run-and-shoot principles, the QB uses a half roll technique to split the field in half making for easier reads. This section also covers wide receiver screens and a quick fire pass.
Johnston diagrams plays for each category and demonstrates the different passing series that have been successful with his teams passing attack: the 20 series, 30 series, 80 series, Tags, 50 series, 70 series and 90 series.
Learn the patterns and blocking schemes for every play against even and odd fronts. Discover pre-snap reads and specific things to look for to most effectively attack the defense, such as: Finding the weakest defender, hot reads, finding the MLB and adjusting patterns to beat the coverage.
As a bonus, you will receive a copy of the Power Point presentation used in all of Johnston's Wing-T videos.
Every offense needs a run/pass balance. These pass plays will help you stretch the defense vertically and create assignment conflicts for your opponents.
103 minutes. 2010.Football Videos