- Progress through basic to advanced cheerleading tumbling skills
- Learn proper spotting techniques to ensure safety while learning to tumble
- Incorporate tumbling into your squad's cheers and performances
with Roland Vera,
owner of The Cheer Zone Tigers cheerleading gym in Evansville (IN);
former Sam Houston State University Head Cheer Coach, 2x National Champions
Two-time National Championship coach Roland Vera presents 15 tumbling progressions that will improve the overall talent level of your team for competition or performances!
Each skill is broken down and fully demonstrated for both the cheerleader and the active spotter. Proper technique for beginners and for advanced tumblers is shown, and coaches are taught how to spot tumbling passes to ensure safety for all.
Coach Vera includes tips on equipment that can be used to strengthen and condition your cheerleaders before they progress on to more difficult tumbling passes.
Tumbling skills demonstrated include:
- Lunge Cartwheel
- Round Off
- Standing Back Handspring
- Continuous Back Handsprings
- Standing Back Tuck
- Back Handspring Back Tuck
- Toe Touch Back Handspring
- Toe Touch Back Tuck
- Round Off Back Handspring
- Round Off Back Handspring Series
- Round Off Back Handspring Back Tuck
- Round Off Back Handspring Layout
- Round Off Back Handspring Full
In addition to tumbling skills, Coach Vera also provides ideas on how to incorporate team tumbling into sideline cheers and how to use tumbling in performance choreography.
This presentation is great for coaches without a lot of prior tumbling experience or those who want to refresh their knowledge on tumbling conditioning and spotting techniques. Take your squad to the next level by infusing tumbling into your team's skill set!
33 minutes. 2013.Cheerleading & Dance Team Videos