- Instruction on all four phases of special teams!
- UCF special teams ranked No. 2 in the nation in 2010
- Discover a simple punt coverage technique that forces the returner to change directions and slow down
- Essential drills to for setting up blocks you need to spring your punt returner
- Learn strategies to properly align your players for successful punt and kick-off coverage
With Tim Salem,
former University of Central Florida Special Teams Coordinator;
UCF special teams ranked No. 2 in the nation in 2010.
Tim Salem has 26 years of coaching experience at the collegiate level. Under Salem's guidance, the UCF special teams ranked No. 2 in the nation in 2010.
In this instructional DVD, Coach Salem uses overhead diagrams, practice footage and game footage to take you through an in-depth breakdown of the coverages and return phases of special teams play. Salem gives you key teaching points and strategies to:
- Understand the 3 phases of a kick cover team; the run and read phase, attack phase and the contact phase
- Coach coverage teams that attack the ball with great effort, toughness, courage, as well as a strong desire to make every play
- Teach return teams with simple rules that allow your players to have confidence for big returns
- Set up dynamic drills that will develop championship special teams play
Coaching points, objectives, goals and "must" lists are explained in detail for each position in a chalk talk. Coach Salem also shares his innovative drill package for kickoff coverage, punt coverage, as well as the kick and punt return teams. Learn the 8 "Coach Killers" of the kickoff team and how to teach the flying 40 to get your coverage to the ball quickly.
As a bonus, Coach Salem covers his weekly practice schedule explaining when each phase of kicking game is implemented.
This video is an in-depth overview of the kickoff team, punt cover team as well as the kick and punt return teams and will benefit coaches from middle school to the college level.
78 minutes. 2012.Football Videos