Create a quarterback training program that won't get dull and will continuously improve skills
- Learn throwing drills for developing accuracy, timing and arm strength in the quarterback
- Develop the footwork needed to avoid the rush and still get set up to deliver quick, accurate throws
- Teach your QBs to protect the ball from the defender who's trying to rake it out of their hands
- Anthony Pratley - former Concordia University (Ann Arbor) Offensive Coordinator; innovator of the Pistol Spread Option Offense
- Dave Warner - Michigan State University Quarterbacks Coach
- Jonathan Smith - University of Washington Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach; former Boise State University Quarterbacks Coach
- Philip Montgomery - University of Tulsa Head Coach; former Baylor University Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach
- David Cutcliffe - Duke University Head Coach; Coached Peyton Manning at Tennessee and Eli Manning at Ole Miss
- Dick Olin - 2015 U.S. Under-19 National Team Offensive Coordinator
- Kevin Gilbride - former NFL coach and offensive coordinator for six NFL teams; earned two Super Bowl rings as the Offensive Coordinator for the NY Giants
- Paul Chryst - University of Wisconsin Head Coach
The most critical position on any team is the quarterback position. This video is designed to develop the skill set of the quarterback and help your QBs master the position. High profile coaches take you through a progression of drills, starting with footwork. You'll see bag, pocket, cone and movement drills demonstrated by college and high school athletes as the coaches discuss the details of each drill.
Train quarterbacks to skate or move their feet to get into proper throwing position and avoid the rush. Multiple footwork drills are provided to develop quick feet and agility necessary for avoiding pass rushers, stepping away from pressure, and gaining balance to make quick and accurate throws. You'll learn the footwork necessary to avoid pressure from defensive ends and how to skate, side step and escape to extend plays - improving your team's chances to win.
Hand Strengthening & Mechanics Drills
One area that can make or break a season is turnovers. These hand strengthening and mechanics drills give the QB the perception and feel of having the ball become one with the hand. Improve the ability of your quarterbacks to find the laces, increase hand and finger strength, and maintain ball security while being pressured by defenders. Learn how to create the habit of keeping a two-hand grip on the ball with proper mechanics in the pocket, which is important to prevent defenders from knocking the ball free.
Vision and Accuracy
Learn strategies and techniques for timing of wide receiver routes, regaining balance, and throwing on the run. You'll get drills that help improve footwork and throwing accuracy.
Throwing drills are shown for developing the pocket passer as well as the roll-out quarterback. David Cutcliffe, former coach of Peyton Manning at Tennessee, teaches proper technique for the play action pass. Kevin Gilbride, Super Bowl coach and Eli Manning's former coach with the New York Giants, shows you multiple drop back and route combo drills used to develop rhythm in the passing game.
Every football program wants to have a quarterback that can take the team all the way to the championship. This video has been designed to raise the level of play for any quarterback at any level.
67 minutes. 2016. Football Videos