Your one-stop-shop for the best drills to use with lacrosse goalies!
- Teach your goalies footwork and efficient movements to ensure they are always in position to make a save
- Learn the eye-thumb-ball technique to help goalies see the ball instead of the shooter
- Build your goalie's confidence in all aspects of the position, including rebounds, clearing, and decision-making before and after a save
- Adam Ghitelman, University of Utah Assistant Coach; former USC Head Coach
- Dom Starsia, Premier Lacrosse League Head Coach; Boston Cannons (MLL) Associate Head Coach; 4x NCAA Championship coach at UVA
- Errol Wilson, Lehigh University Associate Head Coach
- Ivan Cohen, 2014 German National Team Goaltending Coach
- JB Clarke, Limestone College Head Men's Coach
- Johnny Mouradian, CEO/Founder American Indoor Lacrosse Association
- Jon Lantzy, Durham Academy (NC) Head Coach; former Duke University Assistant Coach
- Kevin Donahue, Syracuse University Assistant Coach
- Kip Turner, University of Virginia Assistant Coach
- Mike Faith, Franklin & Marshall Head Women's Coach
- Phil Barnes, University of North Carolina Assistant Women's Coach
- Ray Finnegan, Capital University Volunteer Assistant Men's Coach
- Remington Steele, Bucknell Head Women's Coach; former Furman Assistant Coach
- Tony Seaman, Denver Outlaws (MLL) Head Coach; St. Andrews High School (FL) Head Coach
- Travis Loving, Berkeley Prep (FL) Head Coach
Goalie play is highly specialized and one of the most important positions on the field. This compilation of some of the best goalie drills from Championship Productions' vast library walks you through proper warm-ups, saving techniques, and footwork. You'll also see how to work on the intangibles, such as decision-making and understanding the relationship between a goalie and the shooter.
Movement and Positioning
A wide range of the best lacrosse coaches in the world teach you the techniques for making saves from many different shot positions, as well as the proper positioning to address the shooter or feeder. With this collection of drills, you will be able to work with your goalies to perfect their movement along their arc and help them "find their net" so that they are always in the best position to make a save.
Skill Set and Intangibles
Muscle memory, reaction time and understanding angles are key to developing a good goalie. The coaches in this video share drills and coaching methods that will quickly develop your goalie's skill set and understanding, giving them increased confidence between the pipes.
This video is the one resource you need for all of the essentials for the goalie position. There's no better option to get tons of great goalie drills from the best teachers in the game of lacrosse!
123 minutes. 2018.Lacrosse Videos