- Improve your Lacrosse coaching!
- Learn from Bill Pilat!
- Take your team to the next level!
- Learn from the best, to become your best!
Join Coach Bill Pilat, the premier Goalie Coach in all of Lacrosse as he shows you how to become or coach a top goalie. Coach Pilat has been the Head Lacrosse Coach at Division III power Roanoke College since 1989. In that time he has produced seven All American goalies. A former three-time College All American Goalie, Coach Pilat knows first-hand what it takes to be a superior lacrosse goalie. As founder of the largest goalie camp in lacrosse, his Goalie School attracts close to 300 young men each year eager to learn from Coach Pilat and his staff.
Now, on his video, Coach Pilat will show you tactics, techniques, and some of his secret drills to enhance goalkeeper play. Here are just a few of the topics covered in this 45 minute video.
- Stickhandling for goalies
- How to handle 1-on-1's
- Pipe play
- Turns on feeds from behind
- Handling screens
- Drills to improve quickness in the goal
- How to be sure you are stepping to the ball
- Coach Pilat's famous handcuff drill to keep head over ball
- Three different arcs and which one may be best for you
- How to warm up a goalie
- Coach Pilat's best drill for controlling rebounds
- How to handle fakes