- Includes 30 drills to help your athletes maximize the distance on their throws!
- Breakdown the wind into easy to learn progressions for your athletes
- Discover creative spin drills that will teach your athletes the feel of the turn and momentum shift with an implement in hand
- Add drills to your practices that will help your athletes feel the optimal release point in the throw
- Assemble a progressive set of drills into a great workout that will help your athletes achieve success in the discus
with Juan De La Garza,
Texas A&M Assistant Track Coach
2017 NCAA Men's Indoor National Champions;
2013 NCAA Men's Outdoor National Champions;
Back-to-Back-to-Back Men's & Women's NCAA Champions (2011, 2010, 2009);
coach of 2004 NCAA Champion Katy Doyle along with 13 other All-Americans while in his tenure at A&M; All- American javelin thrower for Texas A & M in 1983 and 1984.
Learn the basic drill progression perennial powerhouse Texas A&M uses to create championship-caliber discus throwers!
De La Garza takes you step-by-step through more than 30 drills that will help your athletes perfect each movement leading up to the release of the discus. De La Garza refines each step in the progression by demonstrating creative "implement" drills featuring cones, sticks, weights, and other items to improve positioning, footwork, balance, and posture.
De La Garza provides an easy to use workout sequence and explains common mistakes and corrections for beginners learning the event.
Beginning with the grip, you will see the proper set up, turn, and release point for a successful discus throw.
Anyone can learn the discus with De La Garza's easy to understand drill progression. Implement them into your workout today and start adding distance to your throws!
46 minutes. 2012.Track & Field Videos