- Learn how to teach the basic concepts and principles of attacking play: counter vs. build, penetrate and maintain possession
- Learn how to train your team to create width and depth when attacking
- Learn how to dictate and adjust the rhythm of play
with Corbin Stone, Pleasant Valley (IA) High School Head Boys Soccer Coach;
former Drake University Head Women's Soccer Coach;
3x Missouri Valley Conference Women's Soccer Coach of the Year, 4x Missouri Valley Conference Champions; Iowa Youth Soccer Association Coach of the Year (1999)
In the modern game of soccer, teams are using more flexible, adaptive defenses. As a result, teams must be able to attack in a variety of ways and understand the concepts involved in countering, transitioning quickly, circulating and building play, combining and making the final pass to score goals.
Teams must understand specific ways to create and score goals. In this presentation, Corbin Stone covers:
- width and depth in attack
- countering on the break
- circulating the ball and building
- setting and adjusting the pace of the game
- attacking and combining in the final third
- movement off the ball in attack
- improvising in attack
Many presentations on attacking soccer focus on only one aspect of play, such as the counter attack. Coach Stone uses five different activities to focus on several different principles of play.
There's no need to purchase separate videos on how to counter, how to combine in final third, how and when to slow pace of game down. This presentation is an all-in-one package that will help your players attack more efficiently and effectively.
91 minutes. 2015.Soccer Videos