- Improve your Swimming & Diving coaching!
- Learn from Trip Hedrick!
- Take your team to the next level!
- Learn from the best, to become your best!
with Trip Hedrick,
former Iowa State University Men's Swimming Coach;
Master Swimming World Record Holder, multi-time National Masters Swimming Champion and world record holder
In this 3-part DVD Hedrick shares a progressive system of drills, skills and instruction for teaching and coaching the forward start. Hedrick's drill system can easily be implemented with large numbers of swimmers of varying ability levels.
- Part 1, Deck Drills, includes a six-drill kneeling dive progression, a three-drill agility progression and an eight-drill standing dive progression. Hedrick then shares a "false dive" series that drills the set up and initial body movement of the track start followed by water entry dives from the deck. All of the deck drills are taught and demonstrated using a 13 & 14-year-old swimmer, followed by large group demonstrations with swimmers of varying ability levels ranging from ages 6 to14.
- In Part 2, On the Blocks, Hedrick shares individual technique instruction (with demonstration) of three track start techniques, each differing in the set up i.e., body position and arm movement.
- In Part 3, Relay Take-offs, Hedrick shares the basics for teaching the arm swing step-up relay start with foot placement/sequence variations that include: Two feet back to a one front foot takeoff, two back-two front, and one back-two front.
64 minutes. 2006.
Swimming & Diving Videos