- Swim a faster freestyle with this 12-Drill progression
- Learn to attain a high freestyle catch position
- Detailed stroke breakdown
with David Marsh,
Head Coach, SwimMAC Carolina (3 consecutive USA Swimming Club Excellence Championships);
2016 USA Women's Olympic Team Head Coach,
12x NCAA Championship and 8x NCAA Coach of the Year (Auburn),
3x USA Men's Olympic Team Assistant ('12, 00, '96); has coached 49 Olympians from 19 different countries
Fast freestyle has truly been the cornerstone of the emergence and continued dominance of Auburn Swimming. In this 4-part instructional DVD, David Marsh shares the swimming drills, skills, and techniques that have guided his Auburn swimmers to unparalleled success!
- Part 1: Begins with a narrative review of the full stroke technique of former Auburn All-American Rada Owen followed by an on deck demonstration/discussion of the components of the freestyle.
- Part 2: 12-drill progression to build the ideal freestyle beginning with establishing core body position and rotation. Marsh adds the arm movement through single arm drills with rotation. Marsh includes a segment of drills using a front snorkel to allow swimmers to focus on arm movement and rotation without having to add the skill of breathing. Part 2 also includes unique drills that help teach a "3/4 catch-up" stroke designed to achieve the goal of achieving a "high catch position."
- Part 3: Marsh uses a telestrator to give a detailed breakdown of both an elite swimmer and a "mid-level" swimmer's freestyle stroke cycle.
- Part 4: Recap section. The components necessary for swimming faster freestyle are reviewed. Incredible underwater and slow motion footage enhance this exceptional swimming DVD
38 minutes. 2004.Swimming & Diving Videos