- Learn how to bring out the best in your female athletes during competition
- Understand the differences in response to competitive situations between male and female athletes
- This information will allow you and your athletes to focus upon the right things during competition
with Kathleen DeBoer,
American Volleyball Coaches Association Executive Director;
former Division I Coach of the Year, Olympic Team Advisor, and successful University Fundraiser.
In this informative and entertaining coaching DVD, Kathleen DeBoer shares with you valuable information regarding the differences in response to competitive situations between male and female athletes. She draws upon her vast experiences as an athlete, coach, athletics administrative fundraiser, and as an informed observer of gender response situations in athletics today. She identifies "Five Gender-Related Differences that Influence Males and Females in Competition":
- Different Rewards and Penalties for Competitive Success
- Different Responses to Feedback
- Different Definitions of Fun
- Different Interpretations of Failure
- Different Responses to Authority
In her discussion, DeBoer shares stories from her experiences that enhance and address these factors. This valuable information will certainly stimulate your thought process as to how you have handled gender response issues in the past and most importantly, better equip you to handle them in the future. Whatever and whomever you coach; this video will make you a better coach.
56 minutes. 2002.Performance Training Videos