- Get ideas for developing a successful plan and vision for your program in the short term and in the long run
- Learn how to build a strong community tie to ensure support throughout the season
- Features Nick Mitchell who started the Grand View wrestling program and won the 2012 NAIA National Championship four years later
with Nick Mitchell,
Grand View University Head Coach,
2018 NAIA Champions - Seventh straight NAIA National Titles (2012-17) - first team to win six straight NAIA National titles; 2016 NAIA National Coach of the Year - 3x NAIA National Coach of the Year (2012, 2013, 2016).
As an athlete, Coach Mitchell was a three-time NCAA Division III All-American for Wartburg College
Nick Mitchell was the first ever coach at Grand View University, and in four years he took the program from a start up to winning a national championship. In this video, you will gain a unique perspective on building a championship program from one of the nation's best young coaches.
Coach Mitchell focuses on goal setting as a great tool for building a successful program. He describes how to create a foundation and vision for your program. While his goals are for a college programs, many of them can be applied at the high school level.
Mitchell includes advice on:
- Using newer innovations and social media and how coaches need to grow in order to continue to keep their programs on top.
- Finding great assistants.
- How your athletes can represent your program.
- Coaching your coaches.
- Continued development of your programs philosophy and expectations.
- Defining success for your program.
- And much more!
Coaches developing and improving their programs programs will take many great ideas from this presentation. Parents also benefit from this as in what types of things to look for in sending your wrestler to a program that you can feel good about and trust.
64 minutes. 2013.Wrestling Videos