- Discover fundamental drills for developing acceleration and agility in grade school athletes
- Learn how to utilize forward and lateral movements in drills to build balance and strength
- Get a performance and agility training series that can be used for a variety of youth sports
with Wes Parker, CSCS, ATC;
Founder and Owner of Supreme Speed; Director of Strength and Conditioning for the Florida Tarpons (UIFL)
Speed and agility are essential in the development for youth athletes. Developing these areas at a young age enhance the probability of future success. Coach Wes Parker showcases a series of drills that can be implemented this season and in the off-season to help your athletes to become tomorrow's stars.
Coach Parker moves through over 20 drills that consist of lateral movement change of direction, speed acceleration, and more. His instruction covers how to:
- Develop agility using cone drills with constant changes of speed and direction.
- Build explosiveness off the start with the Ball Drop Speed drill. (The speed needed in many sports occurs only in short spurts that place a premium on explosiveness.)
- Train foot quickness and agility with variations of Speed Hurdle drills. (These drills are great for developing quickness in many different types of body movements required in various game situations.)
- Improve visual concentration and reaction time with the Card Catch and Four Cone Vision drills.
Each drill is explained in detail and demonstrated by young athletes, and each drill can be modified to fit the athlete's age and skill. Coach Parker gives you the tools to improve the skills of your athletes, giving them a greater advantage right out the gate.
32 minutes. 2014.Performance Training Videos