- 40 speed and agility drills - including ballistic stretches - that will make your athletes more agile and more explosive
- Add a competitive aspect to your speed and agility training
- Effectively condition your athletes to give them a competitive advantage
- Features Andrea Hudy, the only female strength and conditioning coach in men's Division I basketball
with Andrea Hudy,
University of Kansas Assistant Athletic Director for Sport Performance;
Only female strength and conditioning coach in Men's DI Basketball (Labeled as Kansas' "secret weapon" during the 2011-12 Men's Basketball Season)
"Andrea Hudy was instrumental in a lot of the success that we enjoyed during her time with our program. It is not a surprise that success has followed her with any program with which she has worked. There are not very many, if any, better strength and conditioning coaches in the country. -- Geno Auriemma
ESPN and the Wall Street Journal call Andrea Hudy "KU's secret weapon!" Hudy has been part two final fours while overseeing the men's basketball strength and conditioning program at Kansas and was part of eight national titles while at UConn in men's and women's basketball and men's soccer.
Now, Hudy offers a wealth of drills to enhance your athlete's speed, agility and overall quickness. To ensure your athletes gain benefits from these drills and avoid injury, Hudy takes the time to discuss proper technique for each drill.
This DVD includes:
- A speed development warm-up progression using an agility ladder and speed hurdles to familiarize athletes with proper footwork.
- A series of plyometric jumping drills that feature 1-foot and 2-foot jumps, designed to increase explosiveness. The drills progress from the floor, to mini hurdles, to medium hurdles, to track hurdles, so you can tailor the progression to any level of athlete.
- Acceleration drills that focus on first-step quickness, reaction time, and change-of-direction speed. Coach Hudy demonstrates how the drills can be used to train individuals or a group competition.
- Areas of focus for improving forward, lateral, and backward speed.
- Sport-specific drill adjustments, with ideas on how to maximize results for basketball, volleyball, and tennis.
Recognizing that not every athlete is able to perform at the same level in plyometric
and agility drills, Hudy demonstrates how to adjust a drill's intensity to encourage success then raise the standard to grow the athlete's performance.
Learn the frequency at which you should take your athletes through these drills and how to progress them safely and effectively. You will also learn how to make some drills competitive by pitting two athletes against each other.
Adding speed and agility drills to your training program will make your team more agile, more explosive and prepare them for the long season ahead. Use this DVD in combination with Coach Hudy's Strength Training for the Female Athlete (GD-01495B) for the ultimate 1-2 punch!
53 minutes. 2013.Performance Training Videos