- Learn 15 drills to improve your catchers
- Give your pitcher the confidence to throw any pitch in any situation without giving away free bases
- Learn how to work with your catchers while maximizing your practice time
with Ryan Shotzberger, University of Houston Assistant Coach;
former Texas Christian University (TCU) Assistant Coach/Catchers;
Mentored two all-conference catchers in Andrew Walker and Bryan Holaday. Walker was a fifth-round draft pick in 2007 by the Pittsburgh Pirates. Holaday was named the 2010 Johnny Bench Award winner, the 2010 Collegiate Baseball Easton Defensive Player of the Year and was named a 2nd Team All-American in 2010.
Learn and develop the skills you need to play the most demanding position in baseball.
Ryan Shotzberger takes you through the three "Catching Musts:"
- Catching - Learn three stances and proper glove position for every situation
- Blocking - Give your pitcher the confidence to throw any pitch in any situation without giving away free bases.
- Throwing - Get the keys to making stronger, more accurate throws and to improving your glove-to-hand ball transfer.
For each "Catching Must," Shotzberger explains the common flaws associated with it and demonstrates drills to correct the problems. He demonstrates 15 targeted drills in all including a blocking series, the six shooter series and catching drills with a pitching machine.
Solidify your defense behind the plate and make better use of your practice time.
36 minutes. 2010.Baseball Videos