- Learn to create scoring opportunities for your team
- Integrate your goalies into each session and make the most of your practice time
- High intensity drills to increase strength and improve technique in a game-like setting
- See Coach Soto's 10-100-1000 reps plan to develop new habits
with Matt Soto,
Penn Manor (PA) High School Head Coach;
2x State Champions; 5x State Finalist; over 600 career victories
Matt Soto shows a series of drills that will develop technical and tactical skills to give athletes, from youth to high school, a sound foundation in the game of field hockey.
Coach Soto's focus is on the development of core skills. These drills are simple, well thought out, and come with valuable commentary on the purpose of the drill and key points to focus on. These drills will help develop each player's:
- Elimination skills
- Goal scoring
Many drills today have multiple passes and lots of player movement, which look good when executed to perfection but too often break down in practice. Soto's drills are simple to run, so you get the most from your practice time.
This DVD includes bonus topics:
- Double team defense
- Turning defense into offense
- Keeping your opponent out of the circle!
These simple and effective drills progressions are very effective if you have a team with a wide range of abilities and skill levels.
These drills provide a fantastic framework for player development.
58 minutes. 2012.Field Hockey Videos