- Improve the power and accuracy of your shots
- Maximize practice time by incorporating ground balls, feeding, and defense into your shooting drills
- Learn effective shot placement to increase scoring percentage
- See correct body and stick positioning for shooting on the run
- Get finishing strategies to convert free position opportunities
with Brianne Tierney,
Kent State University Head Women's Coach;
former Lafayette College Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach;
former Lebanon Valley College Head Woman's Coach,
former collegiate star at Colgate
Improve the power and accuracy of your shots!
Brianne Tierney guides you through a progressive sequence of drills to teach individual power shooting and effective shot placement.
Coach Tierney begins with a warm-up series of individual drills to isolate power shot technique from the hands to the core to the legs, culminating in a game-like, time-and-room shot. She highlights frequent errors in hand placement, footwork, and follow-through to help players build a firm foundation for shooting.
Once excellent shooting form is in place, Coach Tierney executes a series of ready-to-use drills helping players master good shooting form under game-like situations -- with plenty of hidden conditioning.
These drills will:
- Develop hand strength and form for a variety of shots.
- Pressure players to handle loose balls and errant passes near the crease and maintain good footwork into a high-perentage shot.
- Force players to finish under pressure in the fan.
- Emphasizing aggressive attacking angles from the 8-meter forcing goalies out of their comfort zones and set up pinpoint finishes.
- Run players through a full range of offensive situations, seamlessly integrating attacking off-ball motion and feeding from X into a fast-paced, high-touch drill.
The drills are diagrammed and walked through prior to being performed by players, which will help you completely understand the purpose and execution of each drill. Tierney also uses effective "Coaching Points" throughout the video to reinforce proper technique.
Coach Tierney's shooting drills will help your players hone their attacking mentality and gain confidence in front of the net. Build them into your practices or off-season program and watch your offensive production grow.
Whether viewed by a coach or player, this DVD will show how to score more goals through correct power shooting and effective shot placement.
58 minutes. 2012.Lacrosse Videos