- Learn a variety of drills that promote explosive movement off of the bottom
- Develop skills for a good hip heist to complement the stand-up
- Develop chain wrestling skills and maximize multiple scoring opportunities
- Turn reversals into five point moves or pins to increase your success on bottom
- Learn to defend legs and score with a wide array of leg counters
featuring Ken Chertow,
Queens University Head Coach;
US Olympian; 3x NCAA All American and 3x Academic All-American at Penn State,
2x Junior World Champion, Midlands Champion and Outstanding Wrestler.
Coach Chertow coached at both Ohio State and Penn State where his teams won the National Duals and finished in the top 5 at NCAA Championships 75% of the time. You can learn from Coach Chertow personally at his year round and summer Gold Medal Training Camp.
US Olympian Ken Chertow believes "bottom wrestling is a fight," and that you must develop the "warrior attitude" when coming out from the bottom. In this instructional DVD, Coach Chertow will help improve your bottom wrestling and increase your ability to score big points.
Coach Chertow covers scoring from the bottom using variations of stand-ups, hip heists, or rolls, and he explains how to use these moves in combination with one another. These techniques will make your wrestlers more explosive and able to score from the bottom position. Topics covered include:
- Drilling Stand-ups - Get to your feet using an explosive stand up, applying pressure back, gaining hand control and cutting off to face your opponent. A variety of partner and shadow drills are provided for a coach or wrestler to utilize.
- Hip Heisting - Learn to use a powerful hip heist with your switch or sit-out to score 1, 2, or 5 points.
- Rolls - Learn how the cut roll and cross wrist roll can be used for all ages and weight classes. See how to hit these moves when the top man is applying a lot of pressure down and a stand-up is not an option. Coach Chertow demonstrates these rolls with Peterson and headlock finishes to pin your opponent.
- Advanced Granby Rolls - Execute the flip Granby and the "ninja flip", a standing Granby variation designed so you can escape from your toughest opponents.
- Leg Ride Defense - There is no position more punishing for the bottom wrestler than when his opponent has his legs in. Learn to defend both parallel and cross body rides by "swimming out" or using the "kamikaze roll."
Coach Chertow also shares stories of his past accomplishments, both as an athlete and coach. This season, score points and explode from the bottom position!
85 minutes. 2012.