- Philosophy and tactics of the secondary break
- Offensive rules to use versus a set defense
- Learn set plays in the half court that can be used to take advantage of your opponent in transition
- Build on the most explosive transition offense in basketball today
- Learn all the counters, reads, and options for this offense
with Roy Williams, University of North Carolina Head Coach;
2017 NCAA Champions!
3x National Championship Coach (2005, 2009, 2017); 2019 USA Today National Coach of the Year;
9 Final Fours;
Back-to-Back ACC Regular Season Champions (2016-17) - 9x ACC Regular Season and 3× ACC Tournament Champions;
800 career NCAA wins; 2x AP Coach of the Year; member of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame (2007)
No college team runs the fast break as well as Roy Williams' North Carolina Tar Heels.
In this on-court clinic presentation, Coach Williams begins by discussing the advantages and philosophy of his offensive system. He teaches his teams to get the basketball out quickly on a made basket or a missed shot to look for their primary break first and then into secondary break. If they cannot get a quick look ahead for an easy basket they go into one of their multiple half court options and plays. Coach Williams shows you:
- how to set up the break after a made or missed basket
- each player's position on the court
- explains the "why" and the "how" to use the different options in the half court
You will see eight set plays and options off the secondary break in the half court that can be used to take advantage of your opponent in transition. These plays will give you options for every player on the court. Use these plays to negate the defense's ability to get set, which leads to many easy baskets.
Williams covers his three offensive rules against a set defense--you must make three passes unless a layup is open; the ball must change sides of the floor; and you must give the defense a chance to make a mistake. Williams uses 5-on-5 play to point out important teaching.
This instructional DVD gives you the set plays that can be applied to any team's playbook and can help your team run and score "all night."
Produced at the Spring 2010 Las Vegas, NV Clinic.
52 minutes. 2010.Basketball Videos