Roy Rana Basketball Coaching 3-Pack

Roy Rana Basketball Coaching 3-Pack
Roy Rana Basketball Coaching 3-Pack
Item# BD-04918
$104.99
Availability: Usually ships the same business day

Product Description

  • Discover a new spin on the conventional "zig-zag" and "step - slide" movements that enables players to defend and recover more quickly
  • Learn how to incorporate three paces into your transition offense to control tempo
  • Learn a family of side-out plays to counter defensive strategies designed to stop your set plays
with Roy Rana,
Ryerson University Head Coach;
led Ryerson to the Bronze Medal at the 2015 CIS national championship;
Head Coach for Canada's Junior National Team, placed fifth at the FIBA U19 World Championships

Defense is a key element to any successful program. Being able to shut your opponent's best scoring option down through individual and team defense is crucial. During the 2014-15 season, Roy Rana led his team to the most victories in a single season by shutting down opponents in transition, stopping the pick & roll and by building fundamental individual defenders. He guides you through his philosophy and drills, which led to one of the best seasons in Ryerson University basketball history.

Individual Defense Fundamentals

Coach Rana provides techniques, terminology and demonstrations on how to guard three important aspects of today's game. By building up your team's individual defense, you can stop easy baskets in transition, guard dribble penetration and defend any pick & roll situation. Coach Rana shows three 1v1 drills that teach proper footwork in the stance and closeout, along with how to turn players in both the half and full court. He then takes 1v2 situations and builds to 3v3 defending in the half court with no paint touches. You will see how to stunt, recover and work your help side defense to take away your opponent's ability to dribble penetrate.

Transition Defense

Using a five-man shell, Coach Rana takes a disadvantage situation (5v3 full court) and shows how players can buy time for help to get back. Defensively, players are taught three key elements in transition: guard basket, guard ball and guard first pass. Your players will learn to communicate and stop their opponents at half court to allow their teammates to get back and defend.

Pick and Roll Defense

Coach Rana demonstrates how to ice a team's ball screen and maintain good help side defense. Your players will learn to defend multiple actions, such as a ball screen, dribble hand-off and skip pass in 4v4 shell.

Late Game Special Defensive Situations

If you can perfect defending special late game scenarios, you can increase your chances of winning games. From eight seconds on the clock to a sideline out of bounds set with three seconds or less, your players will learn the basic fundamentals of protecting the basket late in the game.

Coach Rana is an outstanding teacher that pays attention to detail and organization. It's easy to see why he has become so successful at Ryerson University using a smothering defense in both the half court and full court.

78 minutes. 2016.


with Roy Rana,
Ryerson University Head Coach;
led Ryerson to the Bronze Medal at the 2015 CIS national championship;
Head Coach for Canada's Junior National Team, placed fifth at the FIBA U19 World Championships

Teams that can control and adjust to tempo are in control of the game.

Roy Rana, head coach of Canada's Junior National Team, has taken the game of basketball and broken it down into several layers of transition. Each layer flows into your half court offensive system and also demonstrates how to maximize scoring opportunities in the open court. Coach Rana shows how your players can get shots up in transition from dribble penetration, drift shots, open 3-pointers and paint touches.

Pace of Play

You will learn how your team can play at various paces, while still flowing into your regular offense. Coach Rana describes three paces that most teams play at. With the majority of teams wanting to score in transition, he demonstrates how to utilize 80% of your offensive touches at a fast pace in order to score within the first four seconds of having the ball. Coach Rana also uses 5v0 drills to show scoring opportunities from the wing, dribble penetration and how/when to throw the ball ahead. For the other 20% of touches, he demonstra

Basketball Videos