- Improve your hockey IQ
- See high intensity drills for improved reading and reacting
- Train the hockey mind and body
with Nate Leaman,
Providence College Head Coach;
2011 Spencer Penrose Award as Division I Men's Coach of the Year (American Hockey Coaches Association);
former Union College (NY) Head Ice Hockey Coach;
US National Under-18 team Assistant Coach
Improving hockey sense with intense read and reaction drills is the focus of this impressive nine-drill hockey DVD. Nate Leaman believes that all players in practice can improve their thinking with and without the puck everywhere on the ice. This cerebral approach will improve team and individual skills and increase on ice IQ, as well as push players to go hard, finish hits and compete at game speed. To enhance knowledge, Coach Leaman explains and diagrams each drill. To stimulate the flow of play, players are allowed time to work through the drills. The nine drills are:
- 3-on-0 Read and Reach Warm-up drill with three phases.
- Gap Recovery, is a challenging 1-on-1 drill for defensemen, which requires good stick position.
- Breakout Gap 1-on-1 Drill. Pressure is put on the defense to close a large gap.
- Forecheck/Breakout Drill keys on forwards reading the offense and defense and creates demanding situations for defensemen that handle the pressure of breakouts.
- Situations from the Neutral Zone is a rush drill that forces defensemen to read and react and requires communication and lateral reads.
- 2-on-2 Plus 1 Drill starts with two forwards and two defenders then adds a backchecker to back pressure the puck.
- Neutral Zone Attack Drill includes two phases and works on rush and forechecking position.
- LSSU Backcheck Drill,
- Ferris 3-on-1 Neutral Zone Play Drill
Coach Leaman takes a unique approach to teaching the game and the hockey mind through this comprehensive group of hockey drills
40 minutes. 2006.Hockey Videos