- Press opponents by using the tactical advantages of the 4-3-3 formation
- Quickly win back the ball after losing possession
- Learn cues to help your players recognize when to pin their opponents in a corner to take away their options
- Teach your players to press together in 6v6, 8v8 and 11v11 training formats
with Chris Kranjc, Hastings College (NE) Head Men's Soccer Coach,
2010 NSCA/NAIA National Coach of the Year; 2010 NAIA National Champions; 2011 NAIA National Runners-up; 10x conference coach of the Year; holds a USSF "A" License, serves as a Head Coach in the Olympic Development Program
Implement a relentless, high pressure defense that never lets your opponent take a break.
Current clubs such as Barcelona, Arsenal and 2012 UEFA Champions Chelsea have had great success pressuring with the 4-3-3. Chris Kranjc has made pressure an essential component of his successful program at Hastings College. In this DVD, Kranjc expertly breaks down this dynamic formation so that your players are always ready to win back the ball.
Winning the ball up the field as high as possible translates into more goal scoring opportunities. To achieve this vision, players must possess both technical and tactical skills. Coach Kranjc shares some of the drills and methods he has used to train championship teams. The drills are progressive in nature building up in size and increasing demands on the players' decision making.
Key coaching points include:
- Training players to close down space, both individually and in groups
- Using a larger part of the field to accurately simulate game situations
- Staying organized so you are always ready to immediately win back the ball
This DVD concludes with a comprehensive 11v11 practice session.
You will find many suggestions on this DVD to help train your team to develop an attacking mindset. This mindset will help your team increase its possessions and lead to more goal scoring opportunities.
66 minutes. 2012.Soccer Videos