- Learn how to improve infielders throwing accuracy and quickness
- Learn how to run a fungo circuit that will maximize reps for infielders
- Discover a slow roller circuit for infielders
with Dan McDonnell, University of Louisville Head Coach;
2x National Coach of the Year (2017 Baseball America, 2007 Rivals); over 500 career wins;
4 College World Series appearances (2007, 2013, 2014, 2017)
Dan McDonnell uses live practice footage to bring you inside one of the best baseball programs in the country. In this video, he explains in great detail the different drills that he uses to help improve his team's defense. You'll see high energy, high efficiency practices with lots of reps. Instruction includes:
- throwing drills to increase velocity and accuracy
- situational skills that help defenses perform at their max
- correct feeds from infielders for plays at the plate
- a four-round fungo circuit to maximize repetitions for your infielders
- a slow roller circuit for infielders
- infield bunt coverage
- Three different outfield circuits to train players how to react to the ball off the bat
- AND MORE!!
Listen in as Coach McDonnell discusses mechanics with his players. Get side notes to his discussion. Gain a greater understanding of how he conducts practices to build a more successful team.
This video is great for any coach at any level who wants to improve his players. Anytime you can take just one thing and apply it to your coaching style, the investment is worth it. You will get a chance to see his "when in doubt be aggressive" attitude when it comes to fielding the baseball.
73 minutes. 2014.Baseball Videos