- Learn how to increase run production
- Improve your players' conditioning
- Learn how to train players to react quickly to the pitcher's movements prior to the pitch
with Dan McDonnell, University of Louisville Head Coach;
2x National Coach of the Year (2017 Baseball America, 2007 Rivals); over 500 career wins;
4 College World Series appearances (2007, 2013, 2014, 2017)
One of the most under-coached aspects of the game of baseball is base running. With the new bats at the college and high school level, base running fundamentals are extremely important. Louisville Head Coach Dan McDonnell uses live practice footage to show different aspects of base running that will help your team TAKE the next 90 feet. The drills work runners out of the box, doubles, first to third, hit and runs, and more.
Players need to practice the fundamentals in base running just as much as they need to learn hitting and pitching. Using live practice footage, Coach McDonnell's instruction covers:
- different drills to incorporate team base running
- ways to break down the running game and work on it in small pieces
- base running mechanics and ways to steal the next base
- how different pitchers pick and deliver to the plate
- full team drills that work on different aspects of base running
- AND MORE!
The goal of the offense is to score runs. Anytime you can move into a better scoring position, the better. Coach McDonnell shows you the best ways to advance the next 90 feet.
35 minutes. 2014.Baseball Videos