- Maximize your training time by coaching effective tactics through specific technical training
- Incorporate this progression of drills to increasingly challenge your players' decision making and tactical thinking
- See games to help players learn proper shape and movement required for a possession based game
- Use small-sided games to maximize pressure and increase passing accuracy
with Chris Kranjc, Hastings College (NE) Head Men's Soccer Coach,
2010 NSCA/NAIA National Coach of the Year; 2010 NAIA National Champions; 2011 NAIA National Runners-up; 10x conference coach of the Year; holds a USSF "A" License, serves as a Head Coach in the Olympic Development Program
When do you penetrate and when do you keep the ball? Only those players who can solve problems quickly and out-think the opposing team can maintain possession. Make possession a focal point of your practices using these small-sided games.
Through a combination of lecture, markerboard and practice footage, Chris Kranjc teaches you how to create the right practice environment that builds soccer IQ and keeps the ball at the feet of your players.
Learn technical passing drills that will allow your players to work on the weight and accuracy of their passes and train them to create space before receiving the pass. The technical drills progress from simple passing to quick combination play supported by proper movement off the ball.
Following a technical warm-up, Coach Kranjc presents four drills progressing from a 3v3 + 2 configuration and ending with an 8 v 8 setup with goal keepers that ties all of the coaching points together.
Key coaching points include:
- Using appropriate techniques for accurate passing and receiving
- Making the types of passes that help maintain possession
- Movement to constantly provide new angles for the attack
- Choosing when to use wing or central players
During each drill Coach Kranjc "freezes" play and presents the players with suggestions on team shape and movement off the ball. You will see how to effectively build a practice starting with basic warm-ups and angle play, progressing into fast-paced games that emphasize quick decisions and even faster touches.
Coach Kranjc has a proven track record in developing championship teams using a high pressure, possession based approach. This DVD will provide coaches with many ideas on how to train their teams to play in this exciting style of play.
77 minutes. 2012.Soccer Videos