- 13 drills to get your wrestlers to their feet quicker
- Learn to counter three common breakdowns
- See critical details to finish any escape
with Tom Ryan,
Ohio State University Head Coach;
2015 NCAA Champions - Back-to-Back NCAA Runner-up finishes (2007-2009);
Back-to-Back Big Ten Champions (2018-17) - 3x Big Ten Champions (2015, 2017-18);
2015 Big Ten Coach of the Year;
2009 NWCA Coach of the Year;
former Hofstra University Head Coach; 6x Conference Champions, 7x Conference Coach of the Year;
2x All-American at the University of Iowa
Train your wrestlers to get to their feet quicker.
Finding success in the bottom position is crucial for championship wrestling. To help you build success on the mat, 2009 NWCA Coach of the Year Tom Ryan teaches 13 drills to build proficiency from the bottom position.
Coach Ryan starts with a brief overview on the starting position before moving into the drill instruction. Ryan's drills deliver a variety of benefits to your wrestlers:
- Learn how to make adjustments when your opponent is moving you around to open you up
- Build back to your base
- Free your wrists
- Win inside elbow position
- Develop a knee slide to get to the standing position easier
- Learn to balance yourself on your feet
- Learn to stay tight when lifted in air so can pop back up once you hit the mat
- See Ryan's pop, drop and spin technique to finish the escape
- Prevent your opponent from securing the leg
- and more!
In addition, Ryan demonstrates counters to three common breakdowns and a quarter-turn stand-up technique.
Ryan does an excellent job thoroughly explaining and demonstrating each drill, making them easy to implement into your practice. This is an excellent complement to Ryan's Position Drills for Takedowns DVD (WRD-2842)
50 minutes. 2010.Wrestling Videos