Utilize a deep passing game in the Pistol Spread Option offense!
- Learn the best pass protections for the three-step passing game against any defensive front
- Discover Coach Pratley's top 11 three-step passing game concepts that can be utilized out of multiple formations
- Get a variety of adjustments that can be made to three-step passing game concepts so you always have an answer for the defense's adjustments
with Anthony Pratley,
former Concordia University (Ann Arbor) Offensive Coordinator;
innovator of the Pistol Spread Option Offense
Discover how to create balance in your offense with the use of the three-step passing game. The ability to run the football will be always be the key to winning a championship, but if you become one dimensional, the defense can load the box and stop your running game cold.
Anthony Pratley teaches his exciting idea for calling and executing the passing game. Using a "concept" based passing game, you can use multiple calls to create a new look to the defense without changing the read for your quarterback.
Three-Step Passing Concept
The concept-based passing game out of the Pistol formation gives the quarterback the ability to get the ball out of their hand quickly before the rush can get to them. Learn a scheme that:
- Stretches the field vertically as well as horizontally
- Uses simple protection schemes that will keep your quarterback "clean" in the pocket and cut down on confusion on who the linemen should block
- Can run the same play out of 3x1, 2x2, 2-back and empty sets
- Includes routes to beat both zone and man as well as multiple ways to run them
Coach Pratley teaches quarterbacks the correct reading progression, defensive keys and alignments to make simple, highly effective throws. You'll see a diagram of the play and any route adjustments needed to take advantage of the coverage. Small adjustments made by receivers in the vertical concept are what make the plays so effective. Without these adjustments, the defense can take advantage.
You'll learn multiple concepts to add to any type of offensive system to increase efficiency in the passing game. Pratley covers the Whip, Snag, Double Outs, Post Combo, Smash, Trips Concept, Verticals, and his Mustang route. He goes over simple tags, formation adjustments, and motions that expand these plays into 20 different route combinations for a defense to handle.
Pratley uses an organized digital teaching presentation and playbook to explain both the passing game concepts and teaching techniques. These details prepare you to easily install these passing concepts in a way that's understandable for your players.
The use of simple, but effective pass protections is key when developing a deep passing game in any offense. Pratley describes how three basic protections can be used to handle any and all defensive pressures, including the 5-man, 6-man slide, and 6-man triangle pass protections. These pass protections are described in detail against multiple fronts with diagrams from Pratley's digital playbook demonstrating them against a defense.
From the pass protections for the offensive line to the route adjustments players will learn to make on the fly, Coach Pratley provides everything you need to improve your offensive performance down the field!
70 minutes. 2017.Football Videos