Create perimeters players who possess a variety of weapons on offense!
- Develop ball-handling skills to control the basketball and create separation
- Teach players to create space in transition with five transition drills
- Get six drills to perfect the Euro step
with Damon Stoudamire,
University of Pacific Head Coach;
former assistant coach with the Memphis Grizzlies, Arizona Wildcats, and Memphis Tigers;
As a senior at Arizona, was named first team All-American, Pac-10 Player of the Year and a Wooden Award Finalist;
15 year NBA veteran; 1996 NBA Rookie of the Year
With the influx of dribble-drive based offensive attacks in today's game, players must now excel at creating plays off of the dribble, either for themselves or for a teammate. The art of creating space or blowing by a defender is becoming increasingly important as offenses gravitate towards an individual's play-making ability.
One of the most explosive scoring guards of his era, Pacific coach (and former Arizona Wildcat standout) Damon Stoudamire conducts an individual workout session that features over 35 drills that aim to develop ball-handling, footwork, individual move sets, and shooting touch.
Individual Workout Drills
With over 35 drills, Coach Stoudamire aims to build a complete, offensive monster out of a perimeter player. Stressing to ‘take what the defense gives you,' Stoudamire covers the full gauntlet of individual offensive basketball: from ball-handling to creating off-the-dribble move-sets, to enhancing footwork, and increasing shooting touch off the dribble.
You will learn how to score on any defender by utilizing moves such as the inside-out cross-over, through-the-legs behind-the-back cross, the step-back, the ‘Euro' step, ‘escape' dribbles, etc. Drill sets include:
- > Ball Handling - Stationary, on-the-move, and 2-ball
- Footwork - Six drills/actions featuring ‘Euro'-based shot-types
- Shooting - Six drills/actions to train shooting "touch" off of the dribble
- Combination Drills - 17 drills/actions featuring 1v1 variety that combine ball-handling with individual move-sets
- 10-point game - Teaches players to take what the defense gives them, rather than force a "pre-plan move." Having drills to teach your players how to read the defense will allow your players to make the right reads in games.
Nicknamed ‘Mighty Mouse,' Stoudamire made up for a lack of size by utilizing ball-skills that allowed him to roam and score freely against nearly any defender. Now, by way of an individual workout format, Coach Stoudamire unlocks the secrets to creating an explosive, perimeter-based offensive machine by pacing players through over 35 drills that are sure to enhance an individual's scoring repertoire!
43 minutes. 2017.Basketball Videos