- Learn 10 drills to build dominant outside linebackers
- Develop techniques to maintain outside leverage to defend the outside run
- Teach your linebackers to redirect a receiver moving through their zone to disrupt offensive timing
with Mike DeWitt,
Coppell (TX) High School Defensive Coordinator / OLB Coach
Outside Linebackers are a combination of a safety's speed, defensive lineman's size, and a middle linebacker's attack mentality.
In this detailed instructional football DVD, Coppell High School's Outside Linebackers Coach Mike DeWitt, presents essential techniques and 10 key drills to help create a high caliber outside linebacker.
Coach Dewitt's drills will show you:
Outside Lineback Technique and Drills for the Multiple 3-4 Defense
- How to attack a blocker to better gain outside leverage to defend the outside and reduce the C gap seam.
- How to shed the trap block and still be in position to make the tackle in the backfield on a bouncing RB.
- How to look through offensive lineman to back read and maintain position for cut back while not creating a running seam for the RB.
- How to fight a crack back block and maintain outside leverage to defend the outside run.
- How to redirect a receiver moving though your box and zone to make it tougher on the QBs timing.
is a great compliment to Coach Fex's other DVD's on the Multiple 3-4 Defense. Even if you are not running the 3-4 defense, the outside linebacker fundamentals and techniques presented are relevant for any defense
that wants to build championship outside linebackers.
53 minutes. 2011.Football Videos