Maximize your practice time and take your team to the next level!
- Get six drills to improve overall defensive execution
- Learn a new rundown drill that will improve your team's pick-off moves and eliminate wasted throws in rundown situations.
- Develop bunt defenses and double-steal defenses that will help your players understand priorities based on game situations
with Steve Bieser,
University of Missouri Head Coach;
former Southeast Missouri State Head Coach, 2x Ohio Valley Conference Coach of the Year; led Southeast Missouri to 3 straight Ohio Valley Conference Championships
Steve Bieser takes you inside the methods he employs with his Missouri Tigers to run an efficient baseball practice. Learn how to accomplish more in less time as Bieser explains how he runs a practice that includes base-running, throwing, and defensive and offensive execution.
Coach Bieser provides a classroom description for every drill covered and then moves to the field to show the team executing the drill or segment in a practice setting. Each area is organized to create game-like situations at faster than game speed rates. Additionally, the areas will increase the number of repetitions players go through, meaning your team's practice time is used more efficiently. This results in incorporating conditioning during the act of play as opposed to a separate phase that may not combine conditioning with performing baseball moves.
The main focus of this practice is on defense. Coach Bieser demonstrates six drills to use throughout the year to address defensive execution. Drills cover first and third defense, a bunt defense system, double play team circuit, team rundown drills, and a pop-up communication priority system.
Other areas covered in practice include:
- Baserunning Cycle - Combines conditioning with game-like situations and works on base-running mechanics at every base. Also utilizes base coaches to help direct the runners and every player gets a read from a different base throughout the drill.
- Daily Throwing Program - Details Coach Bieser's approach to long toss and how it is implemented in a position-specific way.
- Bunt System and Situational Hitting - Teach good execution on the base paths by incorporating situational bunting and hitting into your practice plan.
Coach Bieser's practice organization will give you and your team an efficient, game-like practice plan that increases the number of repetitions for all of your players.
132 minutes. 2017.Baseball Videos