- See how one coach can keep an entire team active throughout a practice
- Learn how to develop proper technique using these high repetition techniques
- Includes 11 drill progressions that provide a variety drills and skill work
with Anne Kordes,
former University of Louisville Head Coach; 2015 ACC Champions;
2015 ACC Coach of the Year - her third coach of the Year honor at Louisville, also earning the award as the Big East (2012) and American Athletic Conference (2013) Coach of the Year; 2010 and 2011 USA Select National Team Lead Coach; past President of the American Volleyball Coaches Association
Keep your ball carts full and your players working while perfecting fundamental techniques! Anne Kordes delivers key strategies you can use to run high-rep practices with one court and one coach.
Coach Kordes demonstrates how you can reduce long lines in your practices and teach key volleyball skills using creative drill stations. She explains each drill, how to set it up, provides pointers to effectively use the drills and highlights technique cues to ensure the reps are high quality.
Here are just a few examples of the drill stations and progressions included:
- Setting Stations. These stations train footwork, setting to target, back setting and catch and throw training.
- Ball Control Progression. This progression provides a four-station rotation that trains footwork for shuffling, movement patterns, platform angles, and tipping down the line.
- Butterfly Drill. This drill is a full court activity to work the platform. The drill provides options for adding pressure to the passer and providing different looks like a punch serve, full serve and cross court pass.
- Knee Pad Touch Drill. This competitive, player initiated drill will get your players moving while working on passing skills and conditioning.
- Pre-match Reps. Includes a progression of game-day warm-ups. This includes serving, passing, hitting and defense. A great way to get max reps before a match.
Other drills and progressions work on blocking, hitting, defense and more!
Throughout this information packed presentation, you will see how Kordes incorporates on-the-fly skill instruction as the only coach on the court, a great model for all coaches to achieve a technique intensive, maximum reps opportunities.
98 minutes. 2011.Volleyball Videos