- Break up the monotony of practice and keep your team focused with a variety of fun, competitive drills
- Incorporate defense into your offensive drills to keep your entire team busy
- Create urgency in your drills to develop game-ready skills
with Tina McDavitt,
Tufts University Head Coach;
led Tufts to 5 straight NCAA Tournaments, including the 2008 National Championship Game;
2x New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) Coach of the Year
Two time NESCAC Coach of the Year Tina McDavitt demonstrates drills you can use to develop skilled, effective players on the offensive end of the field.
Passing, receiving, and positioning are just some of the improvement areas targeted in this DVD. Throughout the drills, Coach McDavitt shares insights into the drill and how she successfully coaches her team. These offense-based drills include defenders to pressure the offense, put players in competitive situations and to keep players busy during practice.
Coach McDavitt's drills will show you how to:
- Move the ball quickly and accurately into the circle and eliminate mistakes in this area during matches.
- Use overload situations in attack and stay away from less effective one-on-one situations.
- Slow down the attack (as a defender) to let the defense catch up and help.
- Be patient when looking to outlet and transition, teach the defenders to hold the ball or transition to the other side to create some space.
- Teach your players to position themselves to be a positive passing option for the ball carrier
- And more!
McDavitt shows you how to set-up and run the drills on the whiteboard, then takes her players through each drill in a full speed, live practice setting so you can see how to execute the drills and run variations of them.
This video is a great tool for coaches at both the middle school and high school levels, and will help build your players confidence on the offensive end of the field.
43 minutes. 2012.Field Hockey Videos