Develop a great shooter with easy-to-implement steps from player development extraordinaire Mike Procopio!
- Shooting instruction that will result in an improved, confident shooter
- Game situation shooting drills to develop consistency in technique when it counts
- Challenging shooting drills to reinforce perfect form on every shot
with Mike Procopio,
Director/President of Hoop Consultants;
Director of Player Development for the Dallas Mavericks (NBA);
Director of Basketball Operations for ATTACK Athletics in Chicago (IL);
has worked with Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Caron Butler, as well as 75 other NBA players;
Strategic Game Management Coach to Kobe Bryant for two seasons (2009-12 and 2 NBA Championships); former Maine Red Claws (NBDL) Assistant Coach
He is the best player development coach in the NBA. Mark Cuban - Owner, Dallas Mavericks
Every coach looks a little more like an offensive genius when his or her team can shoot the ball well. In this video, you will learn how to improve your players' shooting from one of the top player development coaches in the world!
After having worked with hundreds of NBA players over his career, Mike Procopio has distilled the essential principles that must be present in great shooting technique. You will learn how to emphasize these fundamentals through a variety of situations that players need to master in order to excel in any offensive system.
The best shooters are able to consistently go up with the same form. It shouldn't matter whether players are spotting up on the perimeter, dribbling into the paint, or cutting off a screen. Coach Procopio breaks down these different situations and shows you how he teaches players to utilize the same mechanics in their shooting form despite the variation that these scoring opportunities create.
Throughout the video, Coach Procopio prioritizes several common teaching points that will help your players release the ball on time and in line with the rim. While there are many details to perfect shooting form, focusing on these key concepts will result in the greatest improvement in the shortest amount of time and eliminate the frustration that results when coaches over-complicate their shooting instruction.
You will learn drills to train the following:
- Perfect shooting form with simple warm-up drills that help your player focus on mechanics while incrementally expanding their shooting range.
- Simplify shot motion with drills that will teach your player to spot up with consistent footwork on his or her perimeter catch and shoot.
- Pivot on the inside foot to go up into the shot quickly and on balance from cuts that take the player away from the basket.
- Become an effective shooter off the dribble with efficient footwork and mechanics on the attack dribble and pull-up jump shot. You will also learn how to add pump fakes and jabs to create separation from a defender.
Two additional drills shown by Coach Procopio introduce a competitive element to shooting sessions that motivate players to improve at a faster pace. These drills will challenge your players to focus on making every shot with perfect form by trying to achieve goals within a limited number of attempts.
Make sure your training sessions translate to in-game results with these must-have shooting fundamentals identified by Coach Procopio!
61 minutes. 2018.Basketball Videos