- Develop new ways to score from the underhook tie
- Get a new way to control the match and have constant attacks
- Arm your wrestlers with techniques designed to take their opponent directly to their back
with Chris Pendleton,
Arizona State University Assistant Coach;
2017 US Men's Junior World Freestyle Team Assistant Coach;
former University of Wyoming Assistant Coach;
2x NCAA Champion and 3x All-American at Oklahoma State, 118-12 college record
To be successful, wrestlers must be able to score from the tie-up.
Two-time National Champion Chris Pendleton, one of wrestling's most skilled wrestlers from his feet, offers a new dimension to the underhook series. In this comprehensive demonstration, Pendleton teaches a unique series of takedowns that provides your wrestlers a high probability of success with low risk.
Pendleton starts off with three different ways to get into underhook situations that will control your opponent and set-up a variety of attacks. From there, Pendelton demonstrates more than 10 techniques that work together in order to score points and control the center of the mat. This series gives you an answer for whatever your opponent does. Included are:
- Pass By Series — A quick offense once the underhook is set in that will surprise your opponent.
- Duck Under Series -This far side attack is a unique set up into a sweep single or double leg.
- Foot Sweep Series — See three different attacks that can be used to create a four or a five point move.
- High Crotch Takedown/Fake High Crotch to Headlock — Uses your quickness to bring a heavy, strong opponent to the mat.
- Knee Drop Pass By - An alternative to the Pass By, this is an effective counter for opponents who lock tightly onto your underhook.
- Ankle Pick - Similar to the knee tap with a lower level attack to get under your opponent's defense.
- Metzger - A lethal move to put your opponent on his back and rack up a fall.
- And many more!
In every series, Pendelton shows variations that the experienced and non-experience wrestlers can use. Simple drills are also demonstrated to perfect the techniques in every move. Pendleton thoroughly breaks down every move to ensure that the series is executed correctly. If you use bad technique, Pendelton shows how you can correct a mistake into a new move that can score a quick 4 or 5 points.
Chris Pendleton's Underhook Series will provide your wrestlers with the tools they need to dominate their opponents. It is a must have for coaches looking for an effective offensive system for their wrestlers. Add it to your video library today!
50 minutes. 2011.Wrestling Videos