- Learn to attack the baseball no matter where it's pitched
- See the workout that has made Alex Rodriguez a feared hitter
- Create a more efficient swing by eliminating unnecessary movements
- Features hitting insight and demonstrations from Alex Rodriguez
with Kevin Long, New York Mets Hitting Coach;
former Hitting Coach for the 2009 World Champion New York Yankees;
featuring Alex Rodriguez;
3x American League MVP;
10x Silver Slugger Award Winner,
4x Hank Aaron Award Winner
Now you can perform the same hitting techniques, strategies and drills that Alex Rodriguez uses every day!
In this sensational DVD from Championship Productions, former New York Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long reveals techniques and strategies for becoming a successful hitter.
Coach Long covers six keys to becoming a great hitter:
- Grip - Find the best grip to stay loose and increase bat speed.
- Stance - Stay flexible to maximize the power in the lower half of your body.
- Plate coverage - Use your best swing regardless of pitch location.
- Load - How to put yourself in a stronger hitting position for each swing.
- Knee drive - Learn how to level your swing and generate power.
- Hip torque - Increase your bat speed using your hips.
Watch as Coach Long takes A-Rod through a batting workout to fine tune hitting mechanics with soft toss and tee drills using a short and regular bat. These drills focus on balance and staying tight to your core to get your bat through the hitting zone quicker.
In addition, Long and A-Rod sit down and discuss the key techniques from a hitter's perspective. This section includes strategies to develop the best swing possible; scouting the opposing pitcher; guessing on pitches; batting practice for success; and off-season work.
What makes this DVD unique is that you can see how these drills are used at the Major League level and how they can be adjusted to work at any level: youth, high school, collegiate and professional.
Long goes through a number of errors that are common among younger hitters - and how you can correct them. Among the problem areas covered are: Stride in - where the batter's hips won't get through the swing; Stride Open - which mostly occurs left handed batters; flexed front side; turning in - creates long bat path; and leaning forward.
Long closes with a Coach's Q&A session. He covers a number of topics including: Absolutes of hitting, strategies for left- vs right-hand pitchers, scouting reports, two-strike approach, hitting when you're ahead in the count, identifying pitches, getting over the fear of being hit by a pitch, and more.
This is the workout that helped A-Rod to one of his best statistical seasons as a pro in 2007. Get help with your swing from one of the top hitting instructors in the world!
106 minutes. 2010.Baseball Videos