- Over 15 drills to build your team's defense
- Practice the situations you will see in games
- Learn specific drills for guarding specific offensive sets including the Flex
with Kevin Boyle,
Montverde Academy (FL) Head Boys Basketball Coach
- 2018 High School National Champions
- 2018 Naismith High School Boy's Coach of the Year (also won the Naismith award in 2011); 2018 American Family Insurance ALL-USA Boys Basketball National Coach of the Year
- 4x High School National Champions, including Back-to-Back-to-Back National titles (2013-15) - only high school coach ever to win three Consecutive National Championships
- In 2017, USA TODAY named Montverde Academy the "Team of the Decade" in High School Basketball in the U.S.
- 4x National High School Coach of the Year (USA Today, Naismith and ESPN)
- 4x Jordan Brand Classic Head Coach
- In the Last six NBA Drafts (2011-15) Boyle has coached five players selected in the top 3 overall picks - the first time any college or high school has ever accomplished
Kevin Boyle breaks down the fundamentals of his successful man-to-man defense using over 15 individual and team basketball drills. These defense drills include man-to-man fundamental drills, full court pressure drills, and four- and five-man shell drills.
Boyle features drills such as the lane-to-lane slide, defending isolation on the wing, defending in bounds plays, pass recovery, playing above the level of the ball, stunting, flicking the ball and the progression drill. Shell drills include pushing the ball to the sideline, the inside cut, flare screens, rotation, sprint screens, doubling the post and shell breakdown when guarding specific offensive sets including the "Flex."
Throughout this basketball video, Coach Boyle emphasizes the need to cater these drills to the ability of your players and their skill sets. He breaks down the roles and responsibilities of each individual for the press and four- and five-man defensive shells.
68 minutes. 2009.
Produced at the Spring 2009 Myrtle Beach (SC) ClinicBasketball Videos