- Speed up your footwork, penetration and level change development
- Develop your wrestler's instinct to hit their moves with more confidence
- Gain more flexibility for better explosion on takedowns and on the mat
- Learn proven drills that have led to five NCAA Championships
with John Smith,
Oklahoma State University Head Coach,
- 5x NCAA Championship coach, 2016 NCAA Runners-Up
- 2016 Big 12 Coach of the Year - 9x Big 12 Coach of the Year
- 2018 Big 12 Champions - 20x Big 12 Conference Champions
- 2x Olympic Gold Medalist
- 6x World Champion
- 2x NCAA Champion
Quickly improve your wrestlers footwork. Sharpen penetration and level changing skills. Develop wrestling instincts in your athletes.
John Smith opens his drill catalog and delivers over 20 of his most effective practice drills. These are the same drills that have delivered five NCAA Championships to Oklahoma State.
Smith divides these demanding drills into eight areas.
- Stance, Motion and Level Change Drills
- Back Arch Drills
- Speed & Balance Drills
- Conditioning Drills
- Hip Heist Drills
- Stand Up Drill
- Hip Toss Drill
- Sit Out Drills
Using these drills repeatedly will develop the instincts in your athletes that they need to win matches.
Quickly improve the footwork that is critical to wrestling success. Develop the explosion your wrestlers need on their feet using Smith's back arch drills. Teach your wrestlers to pick up their feet, hit shots quicker, drop to a sprawl faster, and avoid a takedown. Improve balance, down wrestling technique and more!
These drills can be done individually or with a partner and will give your wrestlers a lot of work in a short amount of time.
John Smith as a coach and wrestler has won championships at nearly every level of wrestling: Olympics, Worlds, NCAA and more. These drills have been key factors in his success. You can do these same drills in your wrestling room today!
48 minutes 2009.Wrestling Videos