Learn the technique, player mindset, player development, and scouting requisites necessary for meeting all needs and interests of a baseball infielder!
- Teach your infielders how to turn the double play both on the front end and on the turn
- Discover a throwing progression to make your infielders more accurate throwers
- Learn 7 mental qualities needed for superb infield play and learn what college scouts search for in signing infielders
with Jim Morris,
former University of Miami Head Coach; 2016 NCAA College World Series;
2x NCAA World Series Champions (1999 & 2001);
2x American Baseball Coaches' Association (ABCA) National Coach of the Year (1999 & 2001);
Back-to-Back-to-Back ACC Coastal Division Champions (2014-16);
4x ACC Coach of the Year; 1,590 wins - only the sixth head coach in the history of Division I baseball to reach the 1,500 wins mark
Infield play for any baseball team is critical. An effective infield is the cornerstone of any great defense. If you cannot stop the other team from scoring, you will not win the close games - and winning those close games is what truly makes a champion.
Explaining culture components for mental strength along with fundamental drills for glove control and fielding effectiveness, legendary baseball coach Jim Morris shows you how to establish a routine for infielders that will improve their throwing technique, fielding technique and enhance the speed in which double plays are executed.
Drills for Improving Fielding
Learn specific drills for infielders - the same drills that helped University of Miami to a .983 fielding percentage that led the country in 2016. Coach Morris demonstrates various drills building up players physically and mentally to create consistent, effective fielders. You'll get the following:
- Dry ball drills where the ball is stationary, but players learn how to approach the ball - maximizing time and throw delivery.
- Throwing drills that improve accuracy and strength of throws to secure putouts.
- Live ball drills where players work on getting their "live" repetitions in to improve game time efficiency.
- Knee drills to isolate the upper body in fielding ground balls.
- Footwork drills to teach double plays, appropriate fielding depths, and alertness for fielding.
Take advantage of a well-thought-out, efficient and effective drill series that was developed by one of college baseball's best head coaches.
Defensive Positioning Diagrams
Learn in-game coaching maneuvers that will help your team to succeed. Morris shares a structured, easily-communicated sign system that helps you put defenders in proper position - batter-to-batter and even pitch-to-pitch. Correct defensive positioning can cut down on an opponent's ability to gain momentum and minimize scoring opportunities.
Player Development Techniques
Coach Morris shares techniques for dissecting player development goals and putting together personalized plans for players that will help you get the most out of your athletes. You'll discover how to build a systematic drill program that allows players to practice on their own, while still being in line with your goals and techniques. Also, you'll see how to incorporate individual defensive drills and team defensive drills that grow the overall player development experience
Coach Morris holds nothing back in this video. He shares his life-long knowledge of how to play infield and how to develop infielders to become the best they can be. This is the perfect resource to better understand how to develop great infielders.
85 minutes. 2017.Baseball Videos