- Discover the four basic skills required to play effective individual defense
- Learn essential techniques that will enable your players to get to the ball more quickly
- Discover the keys to a clean, controlled contact when passing or digging
with Anne Kordes,
former University of Louisville Head Coach; 2015 ACC Champions;
2015 ACC Coach of the Year - her third coach of the Year honor at Louisville, also earning the award as the Big East (2012) and American Athletic Conference (2013) Coach of the Year; 2010 and 2011 USA Select National Team Lead Coach; past President of the American Volleyball Coaches Association
Do your young athletes think that only small players can play defense? Are they hesitant or afraid to go to the floor for a ball? Does your team ever struggle with proper platform and body posture when defending against different types of attacks? If so, don't miss the opportunity to learn from University of Louisville Head Coach Anne Kordes as she discusses how to fix these defensive problems and others.
Coach Kordes shares the essentials of being a strong defender including the willingness to get to the ball, go to the floor and play hard. She highlights the keys to sound defensive fundamentals sucxh as:
- Ready body position and posture - This will enable players to get to the ball more quickly and more balanced
- Platform - This creates clean, controlled contact when passing and digging
- Executing Technique - Encourage players to approach every ball with confidence regardless of where it is on the court and where it's coming from
Learn how to put your athletes through a progression of drills including: Platform Series; Dig & Chase Run Through; Double Decker Defense; Competitive Defense; Survivor Game and Bring It Baby! In addition to player demos, Coach Kordes offerss tips on how to teach players to properly run drills themselves as well as helpful coaching hints for taking drills to a more competitive level.
If you've ever worked with young or inexperienced athletes or value a "back to basics" mindset even with advanced players, add this title to your training library immediately! As you put tips from Coach Kordes into action with your team, you will begin to see your players develop defensive instinct and confidence - two things crucial to defending against anything an opponent may throw at them!
62 minutes. 2014.Volleyball Videos