In this video you will learn how to:
- Use the pick and roll to create 3-point shots and opportunities to attack the rim
- Run five different skill development series that work on every offensive fundamental your players need to be successful shooting the 3 or attacking the rim
- Use Mt. St. Mary's Mayhem Offense philosophy to develop players' skills based around the 3-point shot and attacking the rim
with Jamion Christian,
George Washington University Head Men's Basketball Coach;
former Siena College Head Coach;
former Mt. St. Mary's Head Coach;
2017 Ben Jobe Coach of the Year;
2017 Northeast Conference Coach of the Year;
2017 NEC Champions - 2x NEC Champions (2014, 2017)
In this one of a kind all access DVD, up and coming Mt. St. Mary's Head Coach Jamion Christian goes in-depth into five different drill series for the Mayhem Offensive System. You will get a detailed look at how to workout your players so they understand the scoring opportunities and actions within the "Mayhem" offense that has helped Mt. St. Mary's become a consistent 3-point threat.
In Coach Jamion's skill development series you will learn a different set of skills with each drill series.
- Drill Series 1: Coach Christian spends time working with his post players to develop their 1-on-1 skills on the block. He teaches you how to hold your players to high expectations such as finishing every time you go to the rim, handling the ball in and out of the post, and how to use your post move effectively to score against any defender. You will see how Coach Christian uses combination drills to teach skills such as ball handling, post moves, and defend in the post using a 1-on-1 chair drill.
- Drill Series 2: Coach Christian continues his work with his post players as he puts them into Mayhem situations. Using pick and roll situations, Coach Christian teaches his post players how to read the screen and be able to catch and finish both early and late off of the high pick and roll. Coach Christian continues his post player development through the use of the side pick and roll along with a reversal series to teach his post players how to get open shots from the wing and corner off of a pick and roll.
- Drill Series 3 and 4: Included in these drill series you will learn how to develop your wings and guards in multiple ways. Coach Christian uses the pick and roll from the wing and top of the key to teach his guards how to attack off the dribble, and also look for the open shooter in the corner or off of the roll. Just as he works with his post players on finishing, Coach Christian strongly emphasizes the importance of finishing at the rim for an "and 1." Your players will learn a variety of attacking moves including the euro finish, kobe finishes, and peer pressure drill where players have to be strong with the basketball as they finish in the lane.
- Drill Series 5: Coach Christian uses his last off season workout session with his players to put everything together into a competitive workout. Coach has his players work to develop a series of ball handling moves in order to become a better attacker going to the rim. Coach Jamion will teach you drills that incorporate the actions and movements within the Mayhem offense and put your players into successful scoring position.
This is a must have DVD for any level of coach that is looking to take their skill development to the next level. If you're a coach that emphasizes attacking the rim and scoring off the three pointer, then this Mayhem skill development DVD is a must for you.
117 minutes. 2014.Basketball Videos