- Get coaching and program building ideas from 39x State Championship Coach Jerry Popp
- Learn 10 effective recruiting and retention ideas to build your program
- Get step-by-step early season to late season training ideas
- Learn how to add strength and circuit training to your cross country program
- Motivate and provide feedback to you athletes to keep them enthused throughout the season
- Learn what do at meets to prepare your team to run a "complete" race
with Jerry Popp,
Wilmar (MN) High School Cross Country & Track Coach;
39x State Championship Coach, North Dakota Coach of the Year 27 times; 3x National Coach of the Year; National High School Sports Hall of Fame (2005);
and Kristy Popp,
former Assistant Cross Country Coach at Iowa State University
Build an effective, successful blueprint for your cross country program!
Three-time National Cross Country Coach of the Year Jerry Popp and daughter Kristy deliver an easy to understand approach to cross country for the beginning and more experienced high school coach.
In an easy to follow discussion and presentation, the Popps cover a range of topics that every new coach--or coach starting a new program--must consider to when building his or her program. They provide insight on establishing a basic program and deliver a simple training program for a season of high school cross country.
In addition, this presentation provides detailed explanation in each of the following areas:
- Concerns of a new coach
- Basic Details of a Program
- Recruiting and Retention of Athletes
- Four Basic Team Components
- Seasonal Training Program
- Four Key Workouts
- Training Intangibles
- Meet Day Preparation
- Meet Warm-Up
- Race Strategy
- Strength Training
- Circuit Training
- Stretching and Flexibility
- Coaching Tips
Jerry Popp has been named Coach of the Year 27 times, he has been name National Coach of the Year three times and has been inducted into the National High School Sports Hall of Fame. These are the skills, drills and coaching concepts that have worked for him--and they can work for you too.
This video will teach you how to build a championship cross country program from your first team meeting to the championship meet!
95 minutes. 2012.Track & Field Videos