- Master the seven basic skills that all wrestlers need to know and execute to maximize their potential and be successful
- Incorporate the snake and twister technique to take down your opponent
- Learn drills that will make your wrestlers' stand-ups more explosive
- Ken Certow has developed over 700 national and state champions at the club and high school level!
featuring Ken Chertow,
Queens University Head Coach;
US Olympian; 3x NCAA All American and 3x Academic All-American at Penn State,
2x Junior World Champion, Midlands Champion and Outstanding Wrestler.
Coach Chertow coached at both Ohio State and Penn State where his teams won the National Duals and finished in the top 5 at NCAA Championships 75% of the time. You can learn from Coach Chertow personally at his year round and summer Gold Medal Training Camp.
Olympian Ken Chertow has developed his Gold Medal Training Camp System into one of the biggest and best in the nation. Filmed in Coach Chertow's Home Training Center during a camp session, you will see the kind of drilling he has used to develop over 200 USAW, NHSCA, & AAU National Champions and over 500 High School State Champions!
In the first part of his drill series, Coach Chertow covers a variety of drills from neutral, top, and bottom positions, including:
- The 7 Basic Skills - Virtually all moves in wrestling are based on some combination of the 7 basic skills. Stance, motion, changing levels, penetration, lifting, back-arching, and back-stepping are combined into shadow drills in order to strengthen wrestling fundamentals.
- Bottom Position Drills - Practice switches, sit outs and rolls with a partner in quick bursts to develop speed and constant motion in order to improve your position and score.
- Top Position Drills - Learn to develop constant top pressure on the bottom man and to follow his hips as he attempts reversals in order to keep control of the match.
- Hip Heist Drills - Develop the hip heist in order to improve on moves requiring strong hip motion like twisters, sit outs, switches, and freestyle turns.
These drills teach basic concepts that all wrestlers need. The drills can be incorporated into wrestling plans for wrestlers of any age and skill level, while even the most experienced coach can gain from the skill sequences taught in this video. Most importantly, the drills presented in this video are meant to give your wrestler the mental edge in competition, so that they will--in Coach Chertow's own words--"Rise to the Occasion!"
47 minutes. 2012.Wrestling Videos