Make hitting simple and repeatable through drills that work on controlling mechanics!
- Incorporate hitting drills into your practice plan to feel contact points, develop swing plans, and determine the location of pitches best for different offensive goals
- Train players to hit to the opposite field by keeping a slow front side and letting the ball travel in the zone
- Get drills to isolate the rotation of the hips and the upper body to pull the inside pitch
with Chris Hanks,
Colorado Mesa University Head Coach; 2014 NCAA DII National Runners-Up;
11x Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference Champions, including 5 straight titles (2011-15)
Two-time ABCA Regional Coach of the Year; 8x RMAC Coach of the Year; with over 700 career wins, he is Colorado Mesa's all-time winningest coach
Chris Hanks' teams have been an offensive juggernaut at the D-II level. Coach Hanks' teams have put together 18 straight seasons of top 5 finishes in national team hitting statistics since 1999. That success has taken them to 14 NCAA Division II Regional appearances and two College World Series berths through 2015.
Hitting a baseball is one of the hardest things to do in any sport. Chris Hanks provides a concise, yet detailed plan for developing consistent, effective hitters. Through a progression of simple and productive drills, Coach Hanks teaches hitters how to hit to all fields and how to adjust to pitches. Driving the ball to all fields is an ability that will help every hitter raise their batting average and be a more productive teammate.
Turn Hitters into Run Producers
It's important for hitters to be able to meet the needs of any scenario; driving the ball into the gap, going to the opposite field, laying down a timely sacrifice bunt or bunting for a base hit. Follow along as Coach Hanks walks you through a drill progression that takes hitters from fundamentals to game-speed simulations through the following:
- Drills such as seven drills, angle toss drills, middle drills, and gauntlet drills to teach appropriate contact points and timing adjustments to build a reliable swing and help players feel success.
- Drill stations to maximize practice time and minimize delay time.
- Front toss, soft toss, and live arm drills to maximize hitting mechanics and pitch recognition to gain confidence.
- Field drills to get immediate feedback on hitting plane and contact points.
- Live batting practice is used to make it all come together at game speed.
One of the unique aspects of this video shows Coach Hanks working with his hitters, showing not just perfect swings and mechanics, but the flaws observed, and then shows Hanks and the hitter working toward correction through the drills. You'll see the improvement in the short-term for the hitters, and, the reasons why each drill helps the hitter with their specific area of need.
Winning Offense for All Scenarios
Hitters will love being armed with multiple strategies for beating opposing defenses. With Coach Hanks' instruction, your athletes will be able to take advantage of the scenario and the opportunities that defenses give them to become a run producer.
Every program wants to be able to hit and produce from the top to the bottom of the lineup. The techniques shared in this video will help your program do just that. Coach Hanks' proven methodology will allow your hitters to grow into the best they can be!
36 minutes. 2017.Baseball Videos