- Learn the drills that will enable your wrestlers to effectively execute high percentage throws at the youth, high school and college level
- Develop proper throwing fundamentals with the back step and back arch
- Learn to counter single leg attacks once your opponent is in on a leg
featuring Ken Chertow,
Queens University Head Coach;
US Olympian; 3x NCAA All American and 3x Academic All-American at Penn State,
2x Junior World Champion, Midlands Champion and Outstanding Wrestler.
Coach Chertow coached at both Ohio State and Penn State where his teams won the National Duals and finished in the top 5 at NCAA Championships 75% of the time. You can learn from Coach Chertow personally at his year round and summer Gold Medal Training Camp.
US Olympian Ken Chertow demonstrates the techniques and drills that will enable you to learn and master a wide array of throws.
Coach Chertow covers throws from the set up to completion, sharing tips and showing how throw attempts can be chained to set up other throws. Topics covered include:
- Drilling the Back Arch and Back Step - You cannot execute any wrestling throw without learning these two basic skills.
- Lateral Drop - Learn the proper technique and setups from Coach Chertow that will make this a high-percentage technique.
- Step Around Knee Block - A safer alternative than the lateral drop, apply this signature technique of NCAA Champion Quentin Wright from an over-under or 2-on-1 tie.
- Body Lock - Use this move with intensity and aggressiveness to drive your opponent to the mat.
- Pinch Headlock / "Cruncher" - A powerful combination utilizing a collar tie and underhook to throw your opponent directly to his back.
- Whizzer - Use this versatile overhook position as a takedown or as a setup to your other throws like the lateral drop and step around knee block.
- Screwlock - This combination of an overhook and collar tie will put you in a great position to attack your opponent with a throw.
Coach Chertow demonstrates counter attacks after an opponent has captured a single leg, both from the head-inside and high crotch positions. These counter attacks include the bundle arm step over, the chest lock, nearside cradles when your captured leg is on the mat or in the air, the flying cement job, and the neck wrench. Defensive movement drills such as sprawls, spins, and hip heists are also covered.
Coach Chertow has developed his Gold Medal Training Camp System into one of the biggest and best in the nation. Coach Chertow will help you develop a philosophy and curriculum for teaching throws to your wrestling team. Order now and take advantage of the same winning techniques he has passed on to over 200 USAW, NHSCA, & AAU National Champions and over 500 High School State Champions!
66 minutes. 2012.