- Learn techniques to successfully close the gap prior to attempting a takedown
- Develop a variety of effective set-ups to properly penetrate on your opponent
- Learn safe and highly effective upper body attacks
- Develop a system of wrestling that minimizes the risk of a counter attack
featuring Ken Chertow,
Queens University Head Coach;
US Olympian; 3x NCAA All American and 3x Academic All-American at Penn State,
2x Junior World Champion, Midlands Champion and Outstanding Wrestler.
Coach Chertow coached at both Ohio State and Penn State where his teams won the National Duals and finished in the top 5 at NCAA Championships 75% of the time. You can learn from Coach Chertow personally at his year round and summer Gold Medal Training Camp.
Takedowns are the most important part of wrestling, and Olympian Ken Chertow covers the high percentage takedowns your wrestlers need to learn to be successful. Coach Chertow's wrestlers at his Home Training Center demonstrate the key techniques that work at the highest levels of wrestling.
In this instructional wrestling DVD, Coach Chertow covers in detail:
- Attacks utilizing the baseball bat grip, including three types of single leg takedowns.
- Offense Off the Russian 2-on-1 - Includes a wide array of high percentage scoring techniques.
- The Step Around Knee Block - Learn the finer points of this explosive technique.
- Front Headlocks - Control your opponent's head and get him out of position to score.
- Slide-Bys - Learn four different set-ups to this low risk, high percentage move to score from your opponent's collar tie.
- Arm Spins - Learn this great technique for freestyle, folkstyle, and Greco-Roman wrestling.
- Underhooks - Learn several valuable scoring techniques from this powerful control tie.
Many wrestlers are too far away when they shoot and they take low percentage shots. To solve this problem, Coach Chertow provides options to safely close the gap while setting up takedowns. You'll see a variety of methods of wrist control that lead to high percentage set-ups, allowing wrestlers to gravitate toward different techniques depending on their body types and personal preferences.
Buy now and get the techniques and drills to make your wrestlers more effective from the neutral position.
65 minutes. 2012.