- Improve your Basketball coaching!
- Learn from Geno Auriemma!
- Take your team to the next level!
- Learn from the best, to become your best!
with Geno Auriemma,
- 3x U.S. Women's Olympic Basketball Head Coach (3x Gold Medal; '00, '12, '16)
- 1000+ career wins - Fastest coach to 800, 900 and 1,000 wins, any level, men's or women's
- 11x NCAA Women's Basketball National Championship Coach ('95, '00, '02 -'04, '09 - '10, '13 - '16)
- 9x AP Coach of the Year; 8x Naismith Coach of the Year; 7x WBCA National Coach of the Year; 6x USBWA Women's National Coach of the Year
- John R. Wooden Legends of Coaching award (2012)
- Inducted into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame ('06); Women's Basketball Hall of Fame ('06); National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame ('07)
- 19x Big East regular season and 22x Big East tournament titles
Coach Auriemma has redefined the meaning of success in college basketball. On the court, his success includes five national championships, five national coach-of-the-year awards and a 20-year record of 557-111 (.834). His topic on this DVD is the High Post Offense as he shares crucial teaching points that have allowed his teams to dominate offensively. Auriemma uses players in live 3-on-3 and 5-on-5 settings to illustrate the principles of the offense. A majority of teaching is done in the 3-0 or 3-3 settings, progressing to 4-on 4 and 5-on-5. Entering the ball into the high post at either elbow is an important skill for guards. The back door/hand off sequence is a quick-hitting option in this offense. On wing entry, the point guard rubs off the high post for a lay-up. The next option is an on ball screen and roll, creating problems for the defense. The small-big back screen also gives flexibility to this well-rounded offense. One of the most difficult cuts to guard is the scissors action at the high post. The dribble weave adds flexibility and is a key to this offense. The "40" series presents the offense with several options from the same action, which makes scouting difficult for opponents. Effective down screens and cutting options are important for the two weak side players. A cornerstone of Auriemma's teaching focuses on "teaching players how to play" versus teaching them plays. A final section discusses how players can read the defense, which is a big part of playing the high post. The 3-Man Read and React drill helps players flourish in the offense. This offense is multi-dimensional and will challenge the defense in many ways. The High Post offense is as effective against zones as man-to-man. Because of its versatility, you can save practice time by working on this multi-purpose offense.
89 minutes. 2006.Basketball Videos