- Improve your team's ability to pass, catch, dribble, shoot and more
- Learn how to build your offense using practice drills
- Incorporate conditioning into offensive drill work
with Geno Auriemma,
- 3x U.S. Women's Olympic Basketball Head Coach (3x Gold Medal; '00, '12, '16)
- 1000+ career wins - Fastest coach to 800, 900 and 1,000 wins, any level, men's or women's
- 11x NCAA Women's Basketball National Championship Coach ('95, '00, '02 -'04, '09 - '10, '13 - '16)
- 9x AP Coach of the Year; 8x Naismith Coach of the Year; 7x WBCA National Coach of the Year; 6x USBWA Women's National Coach of the Year
- John R. Wooden Legends of Coaching award (2012)
- Inducted into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame ('06); Women's Basketball Hall of Fame ('06); National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame ('07)
- 19x Big East regular season and 22x Big East tournament titles
Ensure that your drill work transfers from practice to the game.
Geno Auriemma presents half- and full-court offensive drills that are a part of his daily practice. Through these drills, Auriemma demonstrates the key to good team offense: The ability to pass, catch, dribble and shoot.
He shows his 2-man passing full court drill, 2-line layup drill, 3-man weave half court and full court drills, and then begins his full court transition offense with his 3-man transition drill, then adds a player to go 4-on-0, finally reaching 5-on-0 transition. These drills replicate a game-like atmosphere and really work on pushing the defense for a lay-up, or getting them to back up, which leaves you a 3-point attempt.
These drills not only work on your teams ability to pass, catch, dribble, and shoot but also focus on team communication and conditioning. This takes Auriemma right into some of his secondary offensive ideas.
He finishes with some questions concerning practice set up, inbounds plays, facing full court pressure defense, and his favorite rebounding drills.
Improve your offense this season with these proven drills from Geno Auriemma.
75 minutes. 2010.Basketball Videos