- Improve your Basketball coaching!
- Learn from Geno Auriemma!
- Take your team to the next level!
- Learn from the best, to become your best!
with Geno Auriemma,
- 3x U.S. Women's Olympic Basketball Head Coach (3x Gold Medal; '00, '12, '16)
- 1000+ career wins - Fastest coach to 800, 900 and 1,000 wins, any level, men's or women's
- 11x NCAA Women's Basketball National Championship Coach ('95, '00, '02 -'04, '09 - '10, '13 - '16)
- 9x AP Coach of the Year; 8x Naismith Coach of the Year; 7x WBCA National Coach of the Year; 6x USBWA Women's National Coach of the Year
- John R. Wooden Legends of Coaching award (2012)
- Inducted into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame ('06); Women's Basketball Hall of Fame ('06); National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame ('07)
- 19x Big East regular season and 22x Big East tournament titles
Coach Auriemma used his swarming half-court defense to blanket offenses, holding opposing teams to 35% field goal percentage in the 2003-2004 season. In 8 Essential Defensive Drills, Auriemma teaches the drills he uses to build a dominating defense and shares his proven philosophy on half-court defense. The intensive on-court demonstrations of these drills will provide a concise guide for how to use them in your everyday practice plan. These energetic drills highlight the rotations and responsibilities of every player on the court. Auriemma emphasizes the importance of close-outs, the block-out, ball pressure, and demonstrates variations of 4-on-4, 6-on-4, and 8-on-5 shell drills. You will learn the basic movements required when playing man-to-man, along with how to guard the ball in full- and half-court situations. Coach Auriemma teaches the fundamental skills that can raise your defense's level of play!
54 minutes. 2004.Basketball Videos